What Are Documents Required While Applying For Home Loan?
List of Home Loan Documents
When applying for a Home Loan, Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) require some documents. However, these requirements could change depending on your Home Loan type, personal credit history, and other factors. You need to submit several key documents for a house loan during the loan application process, which are included below.
Home Loans Documents for Salaried and Self-Employed Candidates
Duly filled and signed Home Loan application
Identity Proof: (Any one of the below)
- PAN Card
- Voter’s ID card
- Driving licence
- Aadhaar card
Age Proof for Verification (Any one of the below)
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Marksheet of 10th class
- Driving License
- Bank Passbook
Residence Proof: (Any one of the below)
- Ration Card
- Bank Passbook
- Utility invoices (Telephone, Electricity, Water, Gas Bill)
- Policy of LIC Letter of receipt from a reputable public institution attesting to the client’s address
Income Proof: Verification For Salaried Person:
- Form 16
- certification from the employer
- Last 2 months Pay slips
- Letter of Increment or Promotion
- The past three years IT returns
income Proof: For Self-Employed Person:
- Previous three years Income Tax Returns (ITR)
- The company’s balance firm’s sheet and profit and loss account statement (duly attested by a C.A.)
- Details of Business License (or any other equivalent document)
- The Professional Practice license (For Doctors, Consultants, etc.)
- Establishment Registration Certificate (For Factories, Shops & Other Establishments)
- Evidence of a business address
- Payment receipts for the developer (in case of a new house)
- Letter of Allotment or Purchase Agreement
- Title Deeds that list the prior property documents in a chain (in case of house resale)
- A duplicate of the sales contract (if already executed)
- Initial payment received by the property seller
- Deeds of the plot (in case of building a house)
- A thorough cost estimate for building a home from a civil engineer or architect
- A duplicate of the approved blueprints by the local authorities
- Proof that the property is unencumbered
- All applicant’s and co-applicant’s passport-size photos (to be affixed on the application form and signed across)
- Evidence of own involvement
- Bank statements for the past six months demonstrating the repayment of continuing loans (if any)
- The specifics of ongoing loans in the name of an individual or business entity, including the outstanding balance, monthly payments, purpose, and remaining loan term (if any)
- A processing fee cheque in the lender’s favour
Proof of Income Stability
For Salaried Person:
- If the current employment is less than a year old, the employment contract or appointment letter will be needed.
For Self-Employed Person:
- Company Profile
- Most recent Form 26 AS
- If the business entity is a company, a list of the directors and shareholders, along with the individual shares they own, must be certified by a CA or CS.
- If the corporate entity is a partnership firm, the partnership deed
- Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association
Home Loans Documents For NRIs/PIOs Applicants
- PIO Card or passport with VISA stamps
- Address document that includes the current international address
Income Verification for Salaried person:
- Permit to Work
- If the employment contract, appointment letter, or offer letter is in another language, it must be properly attested by the employer, consulate, foreign office, or embassy.
- The identity card or work permit (documents in a language other than English must be translated into English and countersigned by the consultant)
- For candidates working in the Middle East, the most recent three months’ worth of salary certificates or slips (in English) detailing name, joining date, designation, and salary information
- Last six months bank statements that reflect salary credits on NRE or NRO accounts (if any)
- A Credit Bureau Report (in case available in the country where you are residing)
- A duly acknowledged copy of the previous year’s ITR (apart from NRIs/PIOs residing in Middle Eastern nations and Merchant Navy personnel).
- A duplicate of the Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) if the applicant is a merchant sailor.
- Form P60/P45 and the most recent employment agreement (for salaried)
- Loan A/C statement over the past year if there have been any prior loans from other banks or lenders.
Income Verification For Self-Employed Person:
- License for Professional Practice or Business (for Doctors, Consultants, etc.)
- Establishment Registration Certificate (For Factories, shops & Other Establishments)
- Business address documentation
- Proof of income for professionals and businesspeople who are self-employed
- C.A. audited or certified the P&L accounts and balance sheets of last three years (Except for NRIs/PIOs residing in Middle Eastern nations) Last three years ITR.
- Last six months bank Statement of a foreign account in the name of a person, a company, or a unit
- Original title deeds tracing the property’s ownership
- Certificate of Encumbrance
- Agreement for sale, sale deed, or comprehensive cost estimate from the architect or engineer for real estate that will be bought, built, expanded, or enhanced
- A copy of the authorised plans for the intended purchase, building, or expansion
- Receipts for the payments made to purchase the home
- ULC authorisation/conversion directive, etc.
Keep the Home Loan documents ready to avoid any difficulties during the Home Loan application. Depending on the lender and the type of property, the property paperwork needed for a house loan may change.
Read more blogs – wiredremedy